Tuesday, June 26, 2007

A Few Notes On Being Mama de Noe

These thoughts have come to me in the past few days and I wanted to capture them, and I thought, what better place to do that than here, with you all?

* For the first few minutes after I put Noe down (like right now), I swear I can still feel the rhythm of her breath in addition to mine, and my arms tingle from the feel of her fingers on them.

* There is nothing like seeing my daughter do a full body wiggle in delight when we put her in her high chair for a meal . . . that's our girl!

* Today, for the first time, Noe laid her head against my chest while she was still awake in the sling, instead of having her arm separating us.

* Tonight, for the first time, Noe let me comfort her to sleep instead of her bottle.

How can I love her more every minute?

4 comments:

mary said...

Congratulations Hubers!

Chris sent us your blog address and,yes, Noe is beautiful.. All 3 of you are starting a wonderful adventure. Enjoy!
Love, Mary & Howard

Brian and Jenifer said...

Congratulations on your beautiful little girl. She is absolutely precious! We just returned from Guatemala City this past weekend after visiting our little Ana. She is 2 weeks old. We look so forward to having her home with us!

Enjoy these precious times!

Blessings,

Brian and Jenifer VanZanten (Garl's niece)

Judy said...

Noe,
Today is the day when you meet your Gramma and Grampa Mack for the first time! Have a wonderful time with them...they are the best.
Love,
Judy

Kathleen said...

It's been so wonderful to follow the blog on your adventure! Congratulations on getting Noe safely home.
I can tell you've got a little one at home now... considering it's been a while since your last post... welcome to the wild, wonderful world of parenting! :)