Sunday, November 19, 2006

How 'bout a BABY!

Christopher here...Sit down peeps; fasten your seatbelts.

Friday, November 17 at approximately 3:30 PST Lia and I received the phone call we didn't expect 'til at least the New Year. I was in my office and heard Lia answer the phone. Then, I heard that silence where you know something's up. By the time Lia got to my door, I was thinking, "no way, this can't be the call; I mean, I was just at the police dept on Monday this week. We just had our Immigration fignerprints taken on Tuesday. We haven't even received our infamous C.I.S. document yet." Lia opened the door. I picked up the phone.

Sure enough, Kelly Jo calmly said, "I have something to tell you. I have a referral for you. Her name is Noemi de Leon Lopez. She was born November 6, 2006, she's healthy and I don't want to tease you but she's a total cutie!"

We just sat there looking at each other, completely stunned, eyes bigger than basketballs. Mouths wide open. Speechless. Tears of joy. And what a gorgeous name!

So...tomorrow we go meet Kelly Jo and Val (Exec. Dir.) to hear more about this 2 week old girl that God has planned for us. No doubt we'll be signing gobs more paperwork, I'm sure, and we'll get a photo.

Stay tuned; we may be taking a trip over New Years to go meet our daughter(!). We'll tell you more after our appointment tomorrow.

No comments: